Search This Blog

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dreaming of BBQ Sauce

It's been a quiet weekend in the cooking world around here as I have been working long hours and had a bbq to attend last night. Sadly, I didn't even cook for the bbq. I totally cheated and jazzed up Suddenly Salad's Chipotle Ranch pasta salad (but it was quite delicious). I used half sour cream and half mayonnaise for the dressing, and added some corn and cubed avocado. It was a big hit, so the easy route was a success this time. =) We're going to another bbq this afternoon, and we don't need to supply anything which means no cooking again today.

Tomorrow, however I am going to cook! Yay! My brother made an AMAZING bbq sauce yesterday, and my goal is to recreate it for tomorrow's chicken on the grill. I asked him for the recipe, and of course I got the "Oh, a bottle of ketchup, a bottle of barbecue sauce, a small jar of strawberry jelly, some sweet and sour, maple syrup, spices..." yada yada yada. Ok first, the jelly threw me off, wasn't expecting that. And I wouldn't have expected there to be jelly and maple syrup. But, in his words, "You need the syrup for its gooey sticking ability". Makes sense. And whatever he did it was honestly one of the best bbq sauces I've ever had. So, I will call him today and ask him to be a tad more specific with me then I'll go from there. Will definitely post the recipe once I nail it.

No comments:

Post a Comment